Hey all. Quick little set of announcements for the five people who might care:
- May is going to be a busy month. We’ll have:
- A giveaway co-sponsored by Grammarly – look for details about that in the coming weeks.
- An appearance at the Gaithersburg Book Festival in Gaithersburg, MD.
- A blog tour for Room 3 with plenty of prizes.
- I’m going to be releasing at least two short stories this Summer. The first will be an expanded version of my story from Somewhere in the Shadows, On the Air. I’ll be firing up on this one soon.
- The Among the Dead trilogy is now the Among the Dead Quartet. That’s right, I’m splitting City of the Dead into two books: Pathways of the Dead (which will release this year) and City of the Dead, which should release sometime next year. The current process for writing these, along with having a decent chunk of this new City of the Dead, should mean for a more rapid release schedule on the series. I’ll keep you posted.
I think that covers everything for the moment. Nothing too momentous, but at least the fiction is coming along well.
Hi folks, thought it might be time to do another status check. Things are rolling right along in Qwendellonia Publishing HQ, but this is going to have to be a real quick update, as some Iranian food from yesterday afternoon has knocked me down a peg or two. Kids, it ain’t cool to have IBS. Trust me.
First of all, I’m confirmed for the Gaithersburg Book Festival on May 18th. Check out the schedule/events tab for more information on that one, and as always I’ll keep you up-to-date on my plans there. I’m trying to arrange something for the long stretch between June and September, but I may take some time off from appearances to finalize City of the Dead then.
Speaking of which, City is coming along well. I just sent a batch of pages to my critique group for review and have finished my second draft of the first section. It’s going to be a long book, no lie about that; might surpass Room 3, but I’m not sure just yet, as the back third of the book is still in motion. Just rest assured that I’m working hard on it and have about 70,000 words in the can. You’ll see it this year, promise.
I also had a fantastic idea for a new novel that’s a little different from what I normally write in subject matter, but not structure. It’s called 7:30 Thursday Morning. It’s about the accidental death of a businessman and the ripples of cause and effect that both lead to the death and go outward from the event. It’s all set within one day and is a non-linear story, in that you’ll jump around in order to see the causes and effects in their logical groupings rather than a time-based grouping. Don’t worry, I think I’ve worked out a way to keep the reader from getting lost, and it’s not going to be an especially long book. No timeframe on this one, but I’ve already written a chunk of material for it. I’ll let you guys know more as it progresses.
That’s all for today. Now back to suffering. Hope you had a great weekend.